China and Baden-Württemberg: Strategies for dealing with a challenging partner
MERICS Lecture and Discussion Series
MERICS will be hosting a series of lectures and discussions on behalf of the State Ministry of Baden-Wuerttemberg for Economic Affairs, Labor and Housing Construction from February to June 2021. The event series will give participants contextual knowledge on China and provide expertise on how to assess the business opportunities and risks posed by China’s presence in Baden Wuerttemberg.
The lectures will differ in format with some including a group discussion round where participants are invited to share their experiences.
- February 3, 2021, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.: Understanding China's Economic Policy - Current Developments and their Impact on Europe (Lecture only, focus sector e-mobility and lightweight construction with support from e-mobil BW GmbH).
- February 17: Group discussion in collaboration with e-mobil BW GmbH (focus sector e-mobility and lightweight construction)
- March 17: Understanding China's Economic Policy (Lecture and group discussion. Focus on the environmental technology sector)
- March 31: Understanding China's Economic Policy with a focus on "Investment Flows between China, Germany and Europe" (Lecture and group discussion)
- April 28: Understanding China's Economic Policy – The 14th Five-Year Plan
- May 5: Understanding China's Economic Policy – Lecture and group discussion. Focus industry mechanical engineering, in collaboration with the German Engineering Federation (VDMA)
- May 19: China as a player in international science cooperation with coordinating support from the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg
- June 9: China as a player in international science cooperation