MERICS Futures Fellowship
MERICS Futures Fellows wish to join the MERICS ecosystem to develop innovative and promising project ideas to be pursued jointly after the end of the initial fellowship. Fellows usually develop a project outline and proposal and a first short analysis on the topic that can be published as part of the MERICS range of written products.
MERICS will support fellows with a view to securing funding for the execution of the most promising project proposal developed. The fellowship is usually awarded for up to six months and co-sponsorship arrangements with the applicant’s home institution or other interested parties are welcome.
For more information on the MERICS Fellowship Program, please refer to the Fellowship Guidelines.
The current application period is from 01 April to 31 May 2021 for candidates wishing to start their fellowships from June 2021 onwards.
- Innovative data-driven analysis of domestic developments in China
- China and extraterritoriality – the formal or informal application and enforcement of rules and conduct beyond China’s territory
- The governance of science, research and innovation in, with and in relation to China
All applications will be assessed by the MERICS management board.
Applications are made by reference to the call for applications published on the MERICS website. Please send the following application documents to Julian Wittmann (email@example.com):
- Detailed letter of motivation (at least 2-3 pages) with detailed project proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications or list of equivalent analytical qualifications based on professional experience)